How To Screen Record On Macbook 2022 – People want to record the screen on their Mac for many different reasons. One thing some people do with it is used it to record videos they don’t know how to download.
Another thing some people do with it records their workflow to show others how to do something. Make sure to record your screen if you’re having trouble with an app or your Mac.
People who work for customer service often ask you to record your screen so they can see what’s going on when you have problems.
Instead of taking a video of your screen, Mac computers have built-in screen recording services that you can use instead. They’re not always what you want, though.
Why does a good Mac screen recorder matter? Here, we’ll show you how to screen record on Mac 2022, which screen recorder Mac comes with, and which apps you should get to record your screen.
How to Screen Record on MacBook Using Screenshot Tool Bar
Is it possible to record a screen on a Mac without downloading anything? Certainly! Apple includes capabilities for both still photography and video capturing.
You can record the entire screen or just a section of it. How to record your screen using Apple’s Screenshot app:
- Launch the Screenshot application on your Mac.
- Select “entire record screen” or “record chosen area” at the bottom of the screen. (Note: If you pick “record specified portion,” an overlay with a window selector will show. If you use this method, frame the area of your screen that you want to record before moving to step three.)
- “Capture” should be selected.
Remember that the Screenshot app contains a “Options” area that allows you to specify the location of screenshots and recordings and whether a timer is required before capture begins.
A timer can be advantageous if you wish to begin recording a video before the screen recording begins. The Screenshot software is straightforward and effective but far from adequate!
It demonstrates how to record your screen in Mac-style, but you must launch Preview to perform tasks such as annotating a screenshot. How tiresome!
How to Stop Screen Recording on MacBook
Once the recording is complete, you may be unsure how to stop it, as the screenshot tool window will be hidden from view.
Rather than that, a little Stop icon should appear in the top-right corner of the macOS menu bar. Simply click on it to bring your Mac’s screen recording to a halt.
There is another way to stop recording: You can hit Cmd + Control + Esc to do that, too. Then, you can press Cmd + Shift + 5 to bring up the screenshot bar again, and there will be a button to stop recording.
Automatically, it will save to the Desktop. You will get an idea of what the recording looks like in the bottom-right corner of your screen (similar to when you take a screenshot).
If you click on this preview, you’ll be able to see the whole recording and cut it down if you need to.
Benefits of On-Screen Recording on MacBook
There are three benefits of screen recording on Macbook:
- Since macOS Mojave, the screenshot utility has been included as a standard feature, meaning it is both free and does not require the installation of any additional software.
- Additional capabilities include a built-in microphone for recording audio, a timer for creating timed recordings, and the ability to display mouse clicks for tutorials and presentations.
- You can use AirPlay or other sharing options right away once you’ve recorded your video.
It used to be hard to start and stop a screen recording on your Mac. But, as you can see, it’s not that hard these days. One of these methods may be just what you need to record your Mac’s screen.